Foremost Electric was started in 1925 as an electric motor repair shop in a small building on the outskirts of downtown Peoria. They sold new electric motors and a few related items as well.
In 1957, under new ownership, they added power transmission products and changed the name of the company to Foremost Electric & Transmission, Inc. Foremost came under the present ownership in 1984.
Foremost expanded their customer and product base immediately, putting a large emphasis on variable frequency drives, solid state soft starts, and adding photoelectric and proximity sensors a few years later. Foremost relocated to their present location in East Peoria in 1993, and immediately expanded their motor repair shop and market share. A short time ago their name was changed to Foremost Industrial Technologies to more accurately reflect their current breadth of products and services.
Foremost will provide their customers with a competitive advantage by promoting and competently applying the latest technology in high performing electrical & mechanical drive products, controls, sensors, and services in order to increase reliability, productivity and safety and reduce downtime, maintenance, and energy costs.
Foremost will provide continuous technical training to their own staff and their customers, developing a relationship as a vital resource to those in the marketplace with need for technical assistance and high performing products and services.